Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Male Privilege

The part of male privilege I enjoy is the part where people don't act like that it's my job to be "hawt" and fit and styled to visually conform to current "universal" standard of physical hotness.

I can be quirky and paunchy and wear comfortable clothes and nobody throws a fit or calls me names. I can have a tooth gap and like being bald on top, and even have a wild eyebrow now and then and it does me no harm.

I don't have to earn an audience with my looks, or demand that people take me seriously. 

If I get a hair cut and dress up nice, nobody calls me a whore, nor is a stranger likely to feel entitled to have a grab or fondle.

I'd like to extend this from male privilege to human privilege, but I don't know quite how. 

I would like everyone to enjoy it as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment